Search This Blog

Friday 17 March 2017

Writer's Block

You sit at your computer, power it up and then open up the Word perfect, fingers poised over the key board and then it happens…… Wham! Writer’s block! Not a single thought filters through your head. Blank, plain blank.

All the thoughts that you had been thinking of, all the ideas to write on suddenly are all gone. You make an attempt to put words to screen then find yourself deleting all that you have written. You get your daily Prompt via email but yet still nothing!

I am not one to write on Politics (to political for my brain), Religion is also a big No-No for me (very sensitive subject). So, maybe I should write about the many books I read, the love of movies or the love of life and my dogs. Maybe I should write about the antics while being a police office or about my dreams of travel and adventures that have not happened as yet. So with all these potential subjects to write on… Why the Block?


Ugh the absolute frustrating feeling that rushes through you. You feel like a complete failure, a blockhead! You start to question yourself…… Are you really any good at writing a blog? Is this really for you? At this precise moment my laptop is on my lap and my feet are doing a dance and I am wondering What do I write about….. hmmmm maybe a short note on Writer’s Block…..

No comments:

Post a Comment